Important Things You Need to Know About LED Light Strips
Tuesday, March 27, 2018
An LED light strip is made by placing LED lights on a self-adhesive tape. When the power is applied to the strip, all LEDs illuminate and an impressive forward light is produced. LED light strips are great for any commercial or domestic environment. Their ease of installation, inexpensiveness, and the ability to change the look of a place instantly are what makes LED light strips popular among consumers.
LED light strips offer many options; they can be installed inside the house to improve the look of a room or outside to illuminate the door or windows. These strips come in different colors and brightness levels so you can choose the ones that will match the décor of your space.
Typical uses of LED light strips include:
LED light Strips- Things You Don’t Know
- On the speaker systems and Televisions.
- Christmas lighting.
- In pathways, driveways or gardens.
- Around windows, stairs and doors.
- In bar counters, display cases and cupboards.
- Under and above kitchen or bathroom cabinets.
There are many things about LED light strips that normally consumers don’t know. Let’s clear the air about those things.
Color of LED Light Strips
- It is important to consider where will you place the LED strips and will they be used for accent light, ambient or task lighting.
- Only qualified electrician should install LED light strips.
- Integral LED light strips are made following high standards and they are tested to ensure that LEDs deliver constant light pattern and color across the strip.
- An LED light strip can be easily tested by powering it with a 12V source and checking the light pattern, output and angle before you fix the strip.
- LED light strips need a constant power source so you must decide how they will be turned on or off?
- The IP rating of LED light strips for example, standard (IP33) or silicone coating (IP67) determine the use of LED light strips externally or internally in dry, wet or splash areas.
- LED light strips should always be installed on a clean, dry and sound surface.
- Light output in LED strips is altered by varying the number, color and size of LED lights on a strip.
- The final light effect of LED light strips depends on number of LED lights per meter, size of LEDs, the position and angle of the strip, distance and the color of LEDs.
The color of light strips can alter the look and mood of your space. Normally LED light strips come in:
Where to Find LED Light Strips
- Blue, Green or Red: Bold colors are great for special adding effects in clubs, bars, playroom and restaurants.
- Cool White: White lights with a slight blue tone are ideal of bathroom and kitchens.
- Warm White: Warm white LED light strips are used mostly for bedrooms, hallways and kitchens.
If you’re searching for quality LED light strips that will last long without fail, check out the reliable LED light strips at Midwest Equipment.
How to use Gateway Convertors
Wednesday, March 10, 2021
Voltage Monitor Relays
Wednesday, December 9, 2020
Why do you need a transformer ?
Wednesday, June 10, 2020
Relays vs. Solenoids vs. Contactors: A Comparison
Thursday, June 4, 2020
ABB Opens new distribution center in Phoenix!
Thursday, May 28, 2020
Subscribe To Our Blog